Are you looking to vacation somewhere warm, with beautiful white sandy beaches, and emerald green water but are hesitant at travelling out of country? If this is you, you really need to book your ticket to Destin Florida!
Destin is located on Florida’s Emerald Coast, and has the beautiful white beaches and emerald green waters that you’ve been dreaming of. Destin was once a small fishing village, it is now a popular destination for people from all over the world. The city is known as “The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village” alleges to possess the largest fishing vessel fleet in Florida. The city of Destin is located on a peninsula that separates the Gulf of Mexico from Choctawhatchee Bay.
Where to stay:
Inn on Destin Harbor– this affordable waterfront hotel located in the heart of Destin has a beautiful waterfront pool overlooking Destin Harbor, each room has a private balcony, accommodations include complimentary continental breakfast with pet-friendly rooms are available. This boutique waterfront hotel has unique, Manhattan style bathrooms and is walking distance from restaurants, boat and is located in the Historic Downtown Destin Harbor District.
Hampton Inn & SuitesDestin– is another affordable location, only steps from the sandy beach. This hotel offers easy access to popular attractions and shopping. Each guest room hotel offers a range of modern amenities including an LCD TV, free WiFi and, work area. Each morning Hampton offers free hot breakfast including eggs, waffles and breakfast meat for its guests. For guests who are on the go grab a free ‘Hampton on the Run’ Breakfast Bag, available Monday through Friday. This hotel also has an outdoor pool, and on-site fitness center.
Henderson Park Inn – is the ultimate beach inn for individuals who want to step outside their room and feel white sand underneath their toes. This award winning inn is known for being ultra-romantic, awith charming oceanfront terrace overlooking the white-sand beaches of the Emerald Coast. This adult- only boutique hotel features Victorian-inspired furnishings and is all-inclusive except for dinner. This is the ultimate romantic getaway, and has everything you could ever want.
Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa – offers incredible onsite activities such as golf, watersports, sailing, and tennis giving guests the option to relax on the sandy beach or be as active as they want. This location also has sensational dining options with the Sandcastles Restaurant & Lounge, Hadashi Sushi Bar, and spa so you can give yourself some TLC.
What to do:
- Beach (obviously). With beaches like this, it is a given.
- Chartered Fishing! (I mean, they are the luckiest fishing village in the world, right?) Some of the fish you might be lucky enough to catch include:Red, White, & Black Snapper, King Mackerel, Grouper, Triggerfish, Shark, Bonito,Grouper, Scamp, Wahoo, Mahi-Mahi, Sailfish, Marlin, and Tuna.
- Dolphin Watch and Destin History Cruise. Everyone loves dolphins, especially when they are happy and safe in their natural habitat. You can see these intelligent and beautiful creatures up close (from a respectable distance) engaging with each other – it’s a magical experience.
- Destin Trail Riding. Trail riding is so much fun, doing it in the Florida pan handle is even more fun!
- Destin Harbor Private Sailing Excursion.
- Shopping (at the upscale outlet mall of course)
And lets just say that there is much, much more to do.
Where to dine:
- Caribbean Joe’s- is known for their fresh ingredients including homemade bread. This family run business also has a great selection of local craft beers. This place is known for its sandwiches, so if you are grabbing a bight for lunch give this place a try.
- Louisiana Lagniappe- is where you go for gulf seafood with a Creole flair. This restaurant provides an upscale waterfront dining experience suitable for the whole family.
- Seagar’s Prime Steaks & Seafood- if you are craving a steak, this New York style steakhouse is a must try.
- The Surf Hut- is an excellent choice if you are looking for ‘beach fare’. This place is known for its Seafood, Oysters and St. Louis Style BBQ!
Now that you know where to go, what to do, and where to dine there is nothing left to do but to wish you a great vacation and the adventure of a lifetime. And I fully recommend the limousines there, they are lovely and great friendly companies.